- Students with many different issues and/or functioning levels may be lumped into one classroom and may actually receive less instruction due to the structure of the class.
- Special education may not be all it is cracked up to be in the end; like public education as a whole, there are issues.
- Getting out of special education can be difficult and may even get a parent forced into a hearing.
- Students may receive a more individualized educational experience and education can be adjusted to the student's level of ability (but watch out for dummying-down of work).
- Extra services/specialized classrooms, etc. are free for the parent.
- Smaller class size opportunities.
Education Law Attorney
LAW OFFICE OF MICHELLE BALL
717 K Street, Suite 228
Sacramento, CA 95814